What to use for Acne
What to use for Acne
These days this term has become popular search term among youth as they undergo from it. Let’s talk about about what is acne and how they cause, what are their preventions and If they arise, how they can be cured.
Acne is one of those subjects we are all too familiar with. Whether you are a teenager or a full-fledged adult, acne is most likely disrupting your comfortable life. Although acne is an unwanted nuisance, there are plenty of ways to keep it under control. You just have to have the proper knowledge. Well, the following article provides that knowledge with some great tips to get acne out of your life and let the beautiful skin in.
Causes of acne
Normally acne occurs in oily skin, but there are other reasons too which cause pimples.
Sometimes, acne is caused from a hormonal change. There are types of birth control pills that can help clear up this kind of acne. When treating hormonal acne, it is extremely important to do so under doctors supervision. It will clear up in time if left alone, as long as you are taking good care of yourself.
Experts believe that acne caused due to rise in androgen levels. It is kind of hormone. This hormone makes the oil level higher in our skin which leads to pimples.
Treatment of acne
Now here we will get the answers of
What to use for Acne
For those of you looking for a natural way to reduce your acne, this can be a great help for you. Puree some strawberries and then add some sour cream to the mix. Once you have a good paste, apply it to your skin for a few minutes. Do this weekly to help reduce acne problems.
If you’re in the throws of battle with acne, reach for a bottle of sunscreen. Ensure it has an SPF higher than 15 and that you use it at least thirty minutes before you go outside for maximum protection. Look for a product which has no oil and claims to be non-acnegenic.
Acne not only looks ugly on skin but also leaves scars which last for long time. So timely and effective treatment can give you clear skin. Some people start medication without doctor’s prescription. They are usually applied to skin called topical medicines. Most of these medicines contain following ingredients:-
- Resorcinol – helps break down blackheads and whiteheads.
- Benzoyl Peroxide – It kills the bacteria which produce oil in skin
- Salicylic Acid – helps break down blackheads and whiteheads, also reduces shedding of cells which line the follicles of the oil glands,
- Sulfur – helps break down blackheads and whiteheads. Sulfur, in its native form, is a yellow crystalline solid. Sulfur has been used for centuries for treating acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Retin-A – helps unplug blocked pores. Retin-A contains Tretinoin, an acid from of vitamin A, also known as all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA).
- Azelaic Acid – strengthens cells that line the follicles, stops oil eruptions, reduces bacteria growth. It is a saturated dicarboxylic acid found naturally in wheat, rye, and barley. Azelaic acid also mops up free radicals, which reduces inflammation.
We can also buy soaps, gels, creams pads in the form of medication for the treatment of acne. People with sensitive skin always prefer gels or soaps
Treatment of Acne in more severe cases
If your acne is more severe you should consider seeing a dermatologist – a skin specialist. The specialist may prescribe a treatment that contains some of the active ingredients mentioned above, such as benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, as well as adabalene. Prescription medications for acne are presented in many forms, such as creams, lotions, etc. Your dermatologist will decide what is best for you.
Preventions needs to take care for acne
- We should wash our face twice in a day. Use mild soap or face wash.
- Don’t try to burst the acne. It may leave the scar on your skin for long time.
- If you have to get rid of a pimple for some event, such as a wedding, or public speaking occasions, ask a specialist to treat it for you.
- Keep your hands always clean.
- Glasses should be cleaned regularly. They will collect sebum and skin residue.
- Don’t go to sleep with makeup on.
- Too much sun can cause your skin to produce more sebum. Several acne medications make it more likely that you will be sunburned.
- Limit your caffeine intake to avoid acne. Caffeine is a diuretic that can cause your stress hormones to increase, which in turn, can aggravate the skin into causing breakouts or even irritating existing acne. Try to limit your amount of caffeinated beverages and food like coffee, tea, chocolate and other related items.
- If you have long hair, make sure that you wash it every day to reduce oil and bacteria. When your hair touches your face, it transfers oil to your skin, which can generate additional acne. Either limit your hair length or pull it back, to reduce the excess oil that comes in contact with your skin.
- Rose water mixed with sandalwood paste is an effective treatment for acne breakouts. The natural ingredients in these products help to reduce excess oil on the skin and reduce the acne breakouts. To use this method properly, apply it to the face and leave it there for 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Many women already know that cucumber slices can help get rid of bags under their eyes. But, not many know that it can help clear up acne as well. Grate a cucumber and apply it to any affected areas. Then sit back and relax for about fifteen minutes to let it do its work. Then, wash it away.
- The skin is the largest of our bodily organs, and it only makes good sense that taking care of the whole body will benefit the skin and help prevent acne. If you keep your system pure and take care of your general health with a holistic approach by eating pure, healthy foods, exercising regularly and staying hydrated with pure water, your acne will be a thing of the past.
- Clearing up acne can be fairly simple if you take it up with your doctor. He/she may prescribe medication that can help. By changing your diet, you can also stop the outbreak of acne. Simple things such as changing how much sugar is in your diet, or drinking more water, can be very beneficial to stopping an acne outbreak.
- When using a topical treatment for acne, it’s important to read and follow the directions on the label. This way you can make sure you’re not making the break-out worse when using the treatment with a cleanser that may give your skin too much medicine or dry out your skin with too much use. Remember, the more irritated your skin gets, the longer it will take to heal.
- Pimples can be cleared up with the help of an orange. Just peel an orange and use a rolling pin to roll it out. Apply it to the area with the pimples, and it can help to clear them up a bit quicker than they would on their own.
Remember, acne is extremely prevalent in today’s society. Everybody ranging from childhood to adulthood is cursed with this annoying skin condition. You just need to know the right skin care tips to letting your beautiful skin overpower your acne issues. Furthermore, with this article, you now definitely know some of the greatest skin care tips to keep the acne away!